Friday 2 October 2009

Dawsholm Park

I got some meals cooked and frozen for my next on call set of shifts, so it was time for a quick walk yesterday afternoon. I'd noticed this electricity substation supplying the Science Park as I drove by the other day after looking at a house in Summerston (the least rough bit!).



That got me out of the house and so I carried on round through Dawsholm Park, just south of the Garscube Estate and the vet school. Bridge over the Kelvin in the park. Autumn is coming but so far very slowly.




Anything not in active use gets covered in moss pretty quickly. No, it doesn't rain all of the time, but certainly some of it! These are random steps from one bit of derelict tarmac to another in the park...



Round via the Kelvindale Maze



Which turns out to be quite easy when seen from the air:



Though an attempt with a skateboard or in-line skates would require a very accurate and fully up to date train timetable for "stations via Maryhill" before the attempt... Perhaps not!

After that it was a canal walk past the gasometers to have coffee with my wife at Lock 27. Very civilised!

No comments:

Post a Comment